Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confining landscapes Adrian Woods






Confining landscapes

As a child dreams of inventing new innovative technologies, building endless fields of robots and changing my surroundings as I please dominated my mind. Out of these childhood fantasies came a fascination for the influence that technology has on human nature. Our ability to change and confine wild nature and form it to a habitable surrounding affects how we live our lives. With still life photography i have the ability to shape and create worlds the way I want them. The perfect medium to combine my childhood dreams with my new fascinations. The following work is a good example of my photography within this theme. The series ‘Confining Landscapes’ shows five images of a vast nature and miniature humanity accompanied by one image showing how we confine that vastness.


Adrian Woods graduated from the Royal Academy of Arts in The Hague, The Netherlands with a focus on still life photography. He controls the canvas inside and outside the studio, and thrives on changing between these environments. For the past few years his artistic vision has been directed towards exploring the juxtaposition between the natural and the artificial. Driven by a childhood fascination for the natural world and a previous study ‘engineering, design and innovation’.

No comments:

Post a Comment